Your Handy Used Vehicle Buying Checklist
Can shopping for used vehicles be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so Volkswagen of Palm Springs has put one together on your behalf.
- Do your research
- Ask the right questions to a friendly staff
- Inspect the vehicle
- If possible, research the vehicle’s service history
- Take a test drive
- Get a vehicle history report
- Go through a dealership
Let’s break down those steps to get ensure you drive home in the right used car to meet your needs.
Your Used Car Buying Checklist
- Do your research: There are plenty of used vehicles out there, so research models in your chosen class (i.e., sedan or SUV), then make a list of top options. (You’re bound to find some Volkswagen vehicles on the list .) You can check prices online using resources like Kelley Blue Book.
- Ask the right questions : You should know how many miles are on the odometer, whether the car has been in an accident, what the current condition is, and how many previous owners there have been.
- Inspect the vehicle: Keep a sharp eye out for signs of repair or floor damage. Check for rust and make sure all the lights work.
- Take a test drive: Don’t just stick to the parking lot – go on a decent test drive from Cathedral City to Desert Hot Springs, making sure you can reach up to 60 mph. You want to know the vehicle can handle going longer distances, as well as around Palm Springs streets.
- Get a vehicle history report: Write down the used vehicle’s 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and get a history report from a site like Autocheck or CARFAX. Your vehicle’s service history may be included on this report. You don’t want a vehicle that hasn’t undergone its appropriate service schedule.
- Go through a dealership : Sure, that Craigslist ad might look tempting, but you should really pick a dealership to avoid scams. You’ll still find plenty of used vehicles under $15,000 , and you’ll also discover a selection of Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) models , which are a cut above the standard used vehicle .
Check Out Our Used Vehicle Inventory at Volkswagen of Palm Springs
Latest News from Volkswagen of Palm Springs
CPO. What does it mean and why is it something to consider when you are thinking about buying a car? CPO stands for Certified Pre-Owned, but what does that mean? It means that the car is usually less than 5 or 6 years old, has been thoroughly inspected, repaired and given an extended warranty. This…
Contact Us Following your Volkswagen service schedule helps keep your vehicle functioning in prime condition for years to come. In fact, those intervals cover a diverse range of parts, including: Engine Filter Interior Lights Brake Pads Airbag System Oil and Fluid Changes Sunroof As you can see, your Volkswagen maintenance schedule covers a lot of…
Used Inventory Can shopping for used vehicles be daunting? Absolutely. Does it have to be? Nope! All you really need is the right used car buying checklist, so Volkswagen of Palm Springs has put one together on your behalf. Whether shopping for a Volkswagen Passat or a used Volkswagen Jetta , you should: Do…